- A map of France which zooms in to regional maps.
- Yahoo! France is a French version of the famous web directory, or
- Nomade is the homegrown variety. WoYaa! does a similar job for francophone Africa.
- ClicNet is a broad, well-maintained catalogue of Francophone resources on many subjects, intended for students and teachers of French.
Links for French 101
News & media on-line
- Le Monde – the full edition online (though a charge is made for in-depth stories).
- Libération offers a partial online service – each day’s front page is available in Acrobatformat, plus several top stories in full and the occasional special.
- TF 1 is one of the TV channels available in the Language Learning Centre here at the Sussex Language Institute. EuroTV has full schedules.
- France 2 (also available in the Language Learning Centre) has a rich website, with a lot of backup materials. Again, EuroTV has full schedules.
- Lyon Capitale is a Lyonnaise weekly news magazine.
- Dernières Nouvelles d’Alsace is another regional newspaper.
- Radio France – including RealAudio bulletins from France Info.
- Sud Quotidien is one of Senegal’s main daily papers.
- Le Soleil de Québec from Canada.
- Volcans, a French journal on the Caribbean and Central America.
- Archive News de la hierarchie française – French Usenet newsgroup archives.
- Presse francophone – a listing from ClicNet.
- French Lessons by Jacques Léon, intended to allow you to understand written French. Includes audio pronunciation.
- Cours de phonâtique
- French for Travellers by Michael Martin – simple vocabulary with audio.
- Franc-parler.org is a worldwide community for French teachers.
- Centre Pédagogique of le quartier français du village planétaire – educational applications of the Internet.
- Survival French – one man’s account of the resources he found invaluable for survival in Neuchâtel.
Sources for further research
- About.com Guide to French Language – original articles, lessons, exercises and lots of links, plus discussion forum and chat room.
- ARTFL Project (Project for American and French Research on the Treasury of the French Language) – includes a corpus of around 2000 French texts for research (access restricted to some parts), a French/English dictionary, thesaurus, and a verb conjugator.
- Pages Jaunes – online yellow pages/residential phonebook from France Télécom
- Tennessee Bob’s Famous French Links
- French Music Database